Almond Joy Magic Cookie Bars | Vegeta Healthy

Almond Joy Magic Cookie Bars

Almond Joy Magic Cookie Bars - These are one of the BEST magic cookie bars you will every put in your mouth.  After just one bite, you will be in Heaven. 

Explain this to me . . . why is it that on a weekday, when my alarm goes off and it's time to get up for work, I am dead tired, but when the weekend rolls around and I can't wait to sleep in, my eyes pop open (without an alarm) at the same time as the weekday and I am wide awake????  It doesn't make sense.  I just want to sleep in until at least 9 a.m. please :)


Saturday morning, I was wide awake at 7 a.m.  Maybe I was too anxious to try out this new recipe I had been planning all week. 

We had treats at work last Tuesday and one of my co-workers brought in Magic Layer Bars.  I LOVE her Magic Layer Bars.  BUT . . . I got to thinking.  How about an Almond Joy version and use chocolate graham crackers instead of regular, almonds instead of pecans and add loads of coconut. 

I wanted a thick bar and I remembered pinning Sally's Ultimate Magic Cookie Bars awhile back.  Rather than using a graham cracker crust, she created a graham cracker cookie crust.  BEST DECISION EVER, SALLY.  The crust is thick and soft and chewy and is guaranteed to become a base of many recipes to come.

The result is DIVINE, DECADENT, SINFUL, RICH, AMAZING, IRRESISTIBLE.  Okay, okay, so I really really loved these bars. They totally reminded me of an Almond Joy.  You need to try this recipe ASAP.       

Cookie Crust:

1/2 c. unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 c. light brown sugar, packed
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
1 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. chocolate graham cracker crumbs (not quite 9 full-sheet crackers)
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Layers:

3/4 c. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 3/4 c. shredded sweetened coconut
1/2 c. sliced almonds
about 12 oz. sweetened condensed milk (not quite one can)

Full Recipe at eatcakefordinner.net